These recipes are available as downloadable individual records. You will find them in this section, as well as in the “Good recipes” category in our blog.
Recipe for 4 persons - Preparation time: 10 minutes
Ingredients to add: 100ml thick fresh cream and 40g butter.
Pour the contents of the pouch "Veloute Bolets Cepes (preparation for porcini soup)" into 750ml of cold water. Add 100ml of thick sour cream (1 heaping tablespoon) and 40g of butter.
Bring to a boil, while stirring with a whisk, then simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Gourmet alternative (for a rich sauce)
Ingredients to add:
- Whole milk 500ml
- 250ml liquide fresh cream
- And 200ml thick fresh cream.
To enhance the flavor of porcini mushrooms in your soup, choose the highest quality ingredients: we recommend the use of whole milk (pasteurized or micro filtered) and fresh cream from Isigny (Normandie).
Replace the 750ml cold water by 500ml whole milk and 250ml liquid sour cream.
Double the amount of thick fresh cream to 200ml (3 heaping tablespoons).
Continue cooking the same way: boil and simmer 5 minutes, stirring regularly with a whisk.
It is already ready!
Also check out our porcini cappuccino recipe with salted whipped cream with porcini powder and small croutons of gingerbread.
Discover our other good recipes in our blog:
- Good recipes with our pickled mushrooms,
- Good recipes with our mushrooms powders,
- Good recipes with our dried porcini,
- Good recipes with our porcini in brine,
- Good recipes with our dried morels,
- Good recipes with our morels in brine,
- Good recipes with our dried chanterelles,
- Good recipes with our chanterelles in brine,
- Good recipes with our dried horn of plenty mushrooms,
- Good recipes with our dried little mushrooms,
- Good recipes with our dried mixed mushrooms,
- Good recipes with our mushrooms mix in brine,
- Good recipes with our whole winter black truffles in brine,
- Good recipes with our sliced winter black truffles in brine,
- Good recipes with our winter black truffle juice in brine,
- Good recipes with our whole summer truffles in brine,
- Good recipes with our sliced summer truffles in brine,
- Good recipes with our black truffle salt,
- Good recipes with our mustards with mushrooms,
- Good recipes with our oils flavored with mushrooms,
- Good recipes with our mushrooms spreads and creams,
- Good recipes with our porcini pasta,
- Good recipes with our mushrooms risottos,
- Good recipes with porcini cream soup,
- Good recipes with preparations for omelettes with mushrooms,
- Good recipes with meat pates with mushrooms.
COMMENTS ON THE RECIPES
Mushrooms are low in calories, rich in fiber and minerals, but in our recipes, to magnify and give relief to the incomparable flavors of the mushrooms, we recommend the use of butter, whole milk, full cream (thick or liquid), olive oil, goose grease or duck grease, all of which are fat calories. These recipes are also to be enjoyed occasionally as part of a varied and balanced diet.
You always have the ability to use fat reduced ingredients. Butter certainly brings a unique taste, but it burns at 120 ° C and becomes toxic. So it is better to clarify it (without casein, butter is resistant to 220 ° C) or using a knob of fresh butter after cooking off the heat, after having the mushrooms cooked with a neutral fat, such as grape seed oil.
To clarify your butter, cut it into cubes and melt it over low heat in a saucepan, small enough to be able to clearly separate the different layers in height which will dissociate:
- Casein will froth on the surface: remove it with a spoon that you will rinse regularly,
- Once you have removed all the white surface layer, pour very gently melted butter in a bowl and use a spoon to keep the whey at the bottom of the pan.
We advise you not to add too much garlic for its power and pungency often outweigh the delicacy of the mushrooms. In our recipes, we recommend the use of our salt with forest mushrooms and herbs, which is a complete seasoning with salt, pepper, garlic, aromatic herbs (parsley, thyme, tarragon) and mushrooms (porcini, small mushrooms, horn of plenty mushrooms, morels), with only 2.5% of garlic. If you really want to put garlic in addition, blanch it to soften and add it in the middle of cooking so that it does not burn.
As for the iconic parsley (garlic and parsley), it lends itself to many mushrooms, provided, however, to have a light hand also. Salt and pepper before serving mushrooms, and preferably not during their cooking because salt makes disgorge mushrooms and pepper becomes bitter when heated.
In conclusion, we remind you of the main recommendations of the French National Health and Nutrition Programme (PNNS - www.mangerbouger.fr):
- Do regular physical activity at a rate of at least 30 minutes a day,
- Balance and vary your diet:
o Reduce the intake of sugars and fats in your diet,
o Eat 5 fruits and vegetables daily,
o Reduce your salt consumption.
DISCOVER OUR VARIOUS BLOG POSTS:
- About Eguisheim,
- Eguisheim Mushroom Festival,
- Mushroom picking,
- Mushroom drying,
- Poisoning by mushrooms,
- The largest living being on earth is a mushroom,
- Ticks and Lyme disease,
- Mushroom radioactivity.