This field guide describes approximately 3000 species, of which over 1400 are illustrated by photographs, which is an absolute record among the mushroom guides, even globally.
Leafing through this guide, readers will realize the incredible diversity of the fungi reign. They will find, for example, records for over 50 porcini and 160 cortinaires, almost 130 russules, 40 coprins, near 50 entolomes, 40 inocybes and 70 milk caps . An introduction precedes the listings. The authors explain in a clear and educational way the main characters of mushrooms: anatomy, ecology, biology and classification are presented, as well as the crucial role of mushrooms in various ecosystems.
Many pages also describe symptoms of major types of poisoning by mushrooms, and present the most toxic species, how to recognize them and how to avoid confusing with their prospective edible look-alikes.
Book recommended by the French Mycological Society, the Mycological and Botanical Federation Dauphiné-Savoie, and the Federation of Mycological Associations West-France.
This guide was awarded by the Emile Gallé trophy in 2011.
"I wish this guide the success it deserves, hoping it will create vocations from many amateur naturalists. "
Mycology Researcher at the National Museum of Natural History,
President of the French Mycological Society
Discover our other mushroom products:
- Dried mushrooms and dried mushrooms in powder,
- Pickled mushrooms,
- Mushrooms and truffles in brine,
- Condiments and culinary preparations (salts, oils, vinegars, mustards, butter, sauce base, creams, spreads, pesto, honey, liqueur),
- Quick and preparations (soups, sauces, pasta, rice, savory cake, meat terrines).
And let yourself be surprised by our selection of nice objects:
- Mushroom knives,
- Books (mushroom determination, cooking mushrooms, beautiful mushrooms pictures),
- Stuffed mushroom toys,
- Carved wooden mushrooms,
- And humorous mushrooms figurines in ceramic (mushrooms in love).