Mushrooms can be frightening. We would all like to enjoy this warm autumnal activity in the woods. Yes but now, between us and the delicious mushroom omelette, there is the nightmare of making a mistake and serving the whole family a poisonous mushroom. There are many good identification guides, but these are often difficult to understand and inaccessible.
The author of this guide wanted to write a book that is for those who know really nothing about mushrooms, who do not understand the obscure terms used by mycologists, who can hardly differentiate a boletus from a chanterelle, and do not even suspect the existence of milk caps or russules.
For them she has selected twenty species among the most frequent to find and the best to taste. For each species, the description is simplified and accessible to all. The illustrations are accompanied by many explanations and tips to avoid the risk of confusion. Several chapters help the novice to find mushrooms, teaching him where, when and how to look.
Now you will no longer have any excuse not to go and collect mushrooms this autumn.
Nadège Lepeudry, a mother living in the mountains, is the author of several books and articles on outdoor family activities. She spends a lot of fun looking for morels and chanterelles in the Alps.
Animals, plants and mushrooms in the wilderness have fascinated the photographer Yves LANCEAU for over 35 years. He sees his subjects in a scientific way without forgetting to focus on their beauty.
Discover our other mushroom products:
- Dried mushrooms and dried powdered mushrooms,
- Pickled mushrooms,
- Mushrooms and truffles in brine,
- Condiments and culinary preparations (salts, oils, vinegars, mustards, butter, sauce base, creams, spreads, pesto, honey, liqueur),
- Quick preparations (soups, sauces, pasta, rice, savory cake, meat terrines).
And let yourself be surprised by our selection of nice objects:
- Mushroom harvesting knives,
- Books (mushroom identification guides, cookbooks for mushrooms, beautiful mushroom pictures),
- Stuffed mushroom toys,
- Carved wooden mushrooms,
- And humorous ceramic mushrooms figurines (mushrooms in love).